For nearly 50 years, Idaho WWAMI has provided accessible medical education through a partnership between the University of Idaho and the University of Washington School of Medicine. Idaho ranks 49th in the U.S. for the number of primary care doctors per capita. More than 50% of Idaho WWAMI graduates return to practice in Idaho.
The virtual discussion focused on the need to grow the Gem State's physician workforce, Idaho WWAMI's impact on our economy, as well as the experiences of medical students and young alumni physicians now mentoring the next generation of Idaho doctors during the pandemic.
- Dr. Jaclyn Cooperrider, Family Medicine Residency of Idaho and Idaho Sports Medicine Institute.
- Lucia Cabajaral - first generation Latina med student from Weiser practicing at Terry Reilly in Marsing and Nampa
- Mary Barinaga, M.D. - Assistant Clinical Dean at Idaho WWAMI
- Jeff Seegmiller, Ed.D. Assistant Dean Foundations Phase, Idaho WWAMI
- Dr. Lauren Nesbit, Idaho WWAMI alumna