Josh Ritter, Michael Franti, Portland Cello Project Included In Sun Valley Concert Lineup
Idaho’s largest arts organization Tuesday announced its performance schedule for the upcoming season. The Sun Valley Center for the Arts kicks off its annual summer concert series in July and its winter concerts in October. Its lecture series also begins in October and features a noted historian, a rock n roll photographer, and NPR’s social science correspondent Shankar Vedantum will talk about how our brains shape our lives.
The announcement also includes the Wood River Valley’s resident theater troupe, Company of Fools. Performances of the Tony award winner ‘Peter and the Starcatcher' begin in December. In February 2015, David Auburn’s 'Proof' hits the stage, which won the Pulitzer Prize and Tony for best play in 2001.
According to the Sun Valley Center for the Arts, more than 40,000 people attend its performances, lectures, art exhibitions and classes each year.
Here’s the full lineup.
Summer Concert Series:
- Michael Franti and Spearhead – July 2, 2014
- Josh Ritter & the Royal City Band – July 27, 2014
- Chris Isaak – August 6, 2014
- The Head & The Heart – August 29, 2014
Winter Concert Series:
- Portland Cello Project – October 25, 2014
- Guy Davis – December 12, 2014
- Bill Payne – January 30, 2015
- Paris Combo – February 28, 2015
- Brian Sanders’ JUNK – March 18, 2015
- TorQ Percussion Group – April 18, 2015
Winter Lecture Series:
- Timothy Egan – October 2, 2014
- Ethan Russell – January 22, 2015
- Shankar Vedantum – February 5, 2015
Company of Fools:
- Peter and the Starcatcher by Rick Elice – December 17, 2014 – January 3, 2015
- Proof by David Auburn - February 11-28, 2015
- Boeing, Boeing by Marc Camoletti – July, 2015
Copyright 2014 Boise State Public Radio