On The Thursday, August 9, 2018 Edition Of Idaho Matters:
- A domestic violence survivor shares her story to raise awareness.
- Idaho's Opportunity Scholarship provides financial aid for adult learners.
- The Boise Period Project describes their first distribution event.
- The World Center for Birds of Prey holds an auction for Gem State education.
- For years, Kelly Sundberg endured horrific domestic battery at the hands of her husband. After being found guilty of assault, her husband's only sentence was to write a letter of apology. Sundberg writes about her experience in Goodbye, Sweet Girl: A Story of Domestic Violence and Survival and she joins Idaho Matters to share her story and bring awareness to the problem of domestic abuse.
- Earlier this year, the Idaho Legislature allowed for twenty percent of the state's Opportunity Scholarship to aid adult learners. We'll talk with the state's Board of Education and the Idaho Workforce Development Council about helping alternative students attain their degrees.