On The Tuesday, January 22, 2019 Edition Of Idaho Matters
- January is Cervical Cancer Awareness Month.
- Idaho legislature to make another go at "Adding the Words."
- Boise Weekly film critic George Prentice on 2019 movie previews.
- January is Cervical Cancer Awareness Month and each year, nearly 13,000 women in America are diagnosed with cervical cancer. On Tuesday's Idaho Matters we talk about detection and treatment with Dr. Meghan Wallman, an OB/GYN with St. Luke's.
- For five years, there have been efforts to get the Idaho Legislature to add the words "sexual orientation" and "gender identity" to the state's Human Rights Act of 1969. This would afford LGBTQ+ Idahoans the same civil protections as those recognized for race, disability, religion, sex or national origin. Idaho Matters looks at efforts to put this on the books in 2019.
- Boise Weekly film critic (and part-time Boise State Public Radio bon vivant) George Prentice joins Idaho Matters to break down 2019's film releases.