How To Listen To Boise State Public Radio's Live Web Stream
Good news, web stream listeners, Boise State Public Radio's news stream has been updated to a more reliable streaming service. This means your online listening experience should be a better one.
The technical change means your Internet browser may have saved a previous version of one of our web streams.
There's a quick fix to clear that saved browser or cache.
If you're using a Windows-based machine, hard refresh your browser by simultaneously pressing CTRL and F5.
If you're using a Mac-based machine, hard refresh your browser by simultaneously pressing OPT, CMD, E.
If hard refreshing doesn't do the trick, restart your computer.
If you're trying to listen via a third-party app like TuneIn or iTunes, we are working with those services to update Boise State Public Radio's streaming information. We recommend listening via the NPR app or our website.
TIPS AND TROUBLESHOOTING
- The best way to access Boise State Public Radio streams on a computer is through the pop-up player (listen live button) at boisestatepublicradio.org
- The stream is most functional in these browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari
- The best way to access the streams on a tablet or mobile device is through the listen live pop-up player at boisestatepublicradio.org OR through the free NPR app (available in your app store).
*Listeners can also access all three of these streams through third party services like TuneIn, however, we have no control over those services, and cannot provide user support.
Assuming you're trying to listen to one of the three web streams on a computer, here is something to try. Before doing any of the below steps, hard-refresh your browser, simultaneously press Cntrl+F5 if you're using a PC.
If you're using a Mac-based machine with Safari, hard refresh your browser by simultaneously pressing OPT, CMD, E.
If that still doesn’t work, restart your machine.
If that still doesn’t work, clear your browser’s cache and cookies, typically located in the “history” dropdown.
If hard refresh, restarting, and browser cache clearing doesn't work...
- Go to boisestatepublicradio.org
- Click "listen live" and select news, classical or jazz to prompt the player
- Still can't hear? Click "help or feedback" and you'll see alternate ways to listen, including MP3, iTunes or Windows Media Player.