On The Wednesday, June 13, 2018 Edition Of Idaho Matters:
- A deep look into the opioid crisis in Idaho.
- Predicting the upcoming wildfire season.
- Gene Nora Jessen talks about training to be a Mercury astronaut.
- Idaho has one of the highest rates of overdose deaths related to opioid narcotics and on Wednesday's Idaho Matters we'll discuss various approaches to dealing with the opioid epidemic.
- Ed Delgado, predictive services manager at the National Interagency Fire Center, and Boise State Public Radio's Frankie Barnhill discuss the outlook for the 2018 wildfire season.
- Meridian's Gene Nora Jessen trained for the NASA astronaut program - in 1959. The tale of NASA's first all-female astronaut training program can be seen on the Netflix documentary "Mercury 13." Jessen joins Idaho Matters to talk about the early days of the space program and enduring the rigors of astronaut training.