On The Wednesday, July 18, 2018 Edition Of Idaho Matters:
- Annie E. Casey study shows Idaho children behind the national curve.
- BSPR's Frankie Barnhill updates us on the 2018 wildfire season.
- LDS population is on the rise as other religions see falling numbers.
- The Annie E. Casey's 'Kids Count' report coallates every metric imaginable regarding children's health, education, economic status, living conditions and so on. It is extremely comprehensive, and this year's data did not reflect well on the status of Idaho's youth. Idaho Matters will address the results of this year's data.
- The West is heating up and the forests are drying out ... we're headed into peak wildfire season in Idaho. We'll check in with Boise State Public Radio's Frankie Barnhill on where the fires are, and what the forecast might tell us about what's to come in the next few weeks.
- A 2017 report from the Public Religion Research Institute indicated the number of Americans who identify as Christians has been in a steady decline, while people who identify as members of the Church of Latter Day Saints has increased steadily. We'll look at how the Mormon church is bucking the trend of declining religious affiliation.