On The Tuesday, June 25, 2019 Edition Of Idaho Matters
- Idaho Medicaid expansion update.
- Ang Dorjee Sherpa summits Mt. Everest ... for the 20th time.
- The Idaho Shakespeare Festival's The Music Man leads the big parade.
- Idaho voters approved statewide Medicaid expansion via a ballot initiative last November. Republican lawmakers tried to overturn its passage in the last session, going as far as to try to rewrite ballot initiative procedures. On Tuesday's Idaho Matters, we update the efforts to fill Idaho's health insurance gap with Reclaim Idaho's Jeremy Gugino.
- Boise resident Ang Dorjee Sherpa grew up in Nepal in the valleys at the foot of Mt. Everest. By 12, he was working as a porter, trained by his father, an Everest climber himself. Ang Dorjee has just returned to Idaho following his 20th summit as a guide. He joins Idaho Matters to talk about the dangers of climbing the world's tallest mountain and the drive to do it.
- The Idaho Shakespeare Festival presents Meredith Willson's The Music Man, the enduring tale of a con-man who brings hope to River City. George Prentice speaks with cast members about this family favorite.