On The Monday, November 11, 2019 Edition Of Idaho Matters
- Boise Mayor Dave Bieter faces a runoff.
- Veterans in prison.
- Staying healthy during the holidays.
- Idaho Dance Theater.
- The Boise mayoral race is headed to a runoff December 3 between City Council President Lauren McLean and incumbent Mayor Dave Bieter. Bieter, who has been mayor since 2004, is looking to win over more voters in the upcoming runoff. McLean took 46% of the vote while Bieter took 30%. Idaho Matters talks with the longtime mayor about how he plans to win the election.
- Many people have a preconceived notion of what a prisoner looks like. This usually does not include a vision of a military veteran. Boise State Public Radio's George Prentice has this story on a new Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) branch established in the Idaho State Correctional Center.
- The holidays are a time where people decorate their homes to help spread the holiday cheer. But getting those lights tacked up on your home by climbing a ladder increases your chance of shoulder injuries. Idaho Matters explores how to decorate and lift spirits without falling down.
- The Idaho Dance Theater is an important cornerstone of the Idaho arts community. They join Idaho Matters to discuss the details of their upcoming new shows.
Have a question or comment for the show? Tweet @KBSX915 using #IdahoMatters