On The Thursday, October 24, 2019 Edition Of Idaho Matters
- Boise Mayoral Conversations: Brent Coles.
- South central Idaho election preview.
- Coping with grief during the holidays.
- Story Story Night presents: "Starry Story Night."
- Brent Coles is not a stranger to Boise politics. After his unceremonious exit from the mayor’s office in 2003 for corruption, he trying to win voters back in 2019. Boise State Public Radio's George Prentice talks with the former mayor about his candidacy in the upcoming election, in the first part of our series of conversations with the seven Boise mayoral candidates.
- With the November 5 election just a few weeks away, a lot of talk has been about what's on the ballot in Boise. But interesting and important races are taking place in south central Idaho, too. Boise State Public Radio reporter Rachel Cohen will get us up to speed on what's going on in Twin Falls and Blaine County.
- Losing a loved one is never easy, but the holiday season can be an especially difficult time for those who are grieving. With many celebrations and events, the season of cheer can trigger memories and in part strong emotions. A local Boise resident who 16 years ago lost her father at age 12, turned to an unexpected method for coping. She joins Idaho Matters to discuss her workshop and exhibit "Holidays After Loss."
- Storytelling is one of the oldest human traditions, from ancient Greece to today's poetry. Boise-based Story Story Night has made it their job to continue these traditions with events for storytellers. They talk to Idaho Matters about their upcoming event called "Starry Story Night."
Have a question or comment for the show? Tweet @KBSX915 using #IdahoMatters.