On The Wednesday, October 30, 2019 Edition Of Idaho Matters
- Boise Mayoral Conversations: Adriel Martinez.
- Email dust-up in Mayor Bieter's campaign.
- CBD oil and the law.
- Opioids and dental care.
- As we continue our series on Boise's mayoral race, we talk with candidate Adriel Martinez. The Army veteran ran for city council in 2015 but lost. Now, he's vying for Boise's top job.
- The City of Boise's former chief lobbyist was actively directing city staff on projects while simultaneously working for Mayor Dave Bieter’s re-election campaign earlier this summer. That's according to emails obtained by Boise State Public Radio reporter James Dawson. City staff say that did not violate city policy around outside employment. We'll get the latest on this story.
- CBD oil is growing in popularity, with shops and stands popping up around Idaho. But is it legal? We talk with a law professor about the legal framework surrounding the substance, and what users should know.
- The connection between opioid addiction and medical doctors has been well documented. But what about the pain killers you recieve after dental surgery? We learn about how this part of the medical industry is trying to change the way pain is managed after oral care.
Have a question or comment for the show? Tweet @KBSX915 using #IdahoMatters